Friday, December 19, 2008
Ok, so I HAVE to post this recipe that I made up because it is that AMAZING! One of my favorite pizzas here in Italy is with Gorgonzola and Pear, so I thought, why not on pasta. If you want to impress your company or your husband, just try this VERY EASY recipe:
Gourmet Gnocchi with Gorgonzola and Pear
(Gnocchi alla Gorgonzola e Pera)
- Gnocchi (I used chicche tricolor with tomoto and spinach- little gnocchi that are colored red, green and white)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- salted water to boil gnocchi
- 3 oz. Sweet Gorgonzola
- 4.5 oz. of mild cheese (I used fresh mozzerella, but a gouda would be good too)
- 1/4 cup grated parmeggiano reggiano
- 1 pear cut into small pieces (preferrably not cubed, but more like little chunks)
- Pepper to taste
- Make a rue by melting the butter in a pan and adding the flour. Once it is boiling, add 3/4 cup milk. Warm the milk and then add your cheeses. Keep stirring until the cheese is melted and the sauce begins to thicken. Add the chunked pear into the sauce just before serving to warm it.
- Meanwhile, boil the gnocchi in the salted water (about 2 minutes until they start to boil to the surface)
- Pour the sauce over the gnocchi and serve!
Easy and delicious!!!